How Much Does Water Damage Cleanup Cost in Akron, Ohio?
Did you know that water damage that isn’t properly cleaned can cause mold to grow in your home? Mold can lead to allergies, asthma, and poor air quality. Not only that, but not properly cleaning up after water damage can impact the structural integrity of your home.
If you’ve suffered water damage, whether it’s from a flood, burst pipe, heavy rain, or a sewer backup, you need a professional to handle your water damage repairs. Read on to learn more about water damage cleanup and cost in Akron.
What Does Water Damage Cleanup Entail?
Cleaning up after water damage entails much more than simply removing the water. To do things right, the repair process includes:
- Removal of any leftover water and the equipment to do this
- Drying out space (this is done with industrial fans)
- Potential mold remediation, which requires special procedures to make sure the mold does not contaminate other areas of the home
- Removal of any damaged carpeting, other flooring, ceilings if it is a leak from the roof or upstairs, and even drywall, depending on how high the water got
Once space has been dried out and damaged materials removed, you may need permits for any replacement (a new roof needs a permit, for example). Then, you’ll need to replace all of the materials that have been removed or damaged.
How Much Does Water Damage Cleanup Cost?
Unfortunately, there’s not a clear and consistent answer to this question. There are many variables that impact the cost of water damage cleanup in Akron (and nationwide). One of the first considerations it the type of water that needs to be cleaned. There are three categories of water damage:
- Clean water damage results from a burst pipe, overflowing bathtub, hot water tank, etc.
- Graywater damage is the result of backed-up washing machines, toilets, sump pumps, etc.
- Blackwater damage includes sewage, floodwaters, and groundwater
Clean water damage is cleaned most easily because there are no toxins in the water. Graywater won’t likely harm people or make them sick, but it still needs to be properly cleaned up because there may be waste and chemicals in the water.
Blackwater is the most harmful. Floodwaters may contain sewage and bacteria. This water needs to be removed immediately and safely and s specific eps must be taken to properly clean your home after this type of damage.
The repair costs also vary depending on which part of your home needs to be repaired and how large of a space it is. On average, you can expect costs to be in the following ranges:
- Roof repair $350-$1500
- Roof replacement $5000-$12000
- Ceiling Repair $325-$1,100
- Basement $500-$85,000
- Drywall $275-$785
- Floors $200-$500
- Bathroom fixtures $150-$350
- Plumbing $1,000-$4,000
Call a Water Damage Restoration Profession Today
If your home has suffered water damage, time is of the essence. You’ll want to get the water removed and the home dried out as quickly as possible to prevent mold from growing.
If you have experienced flooding and water damage, call the professionals at RFD Services. We can handle all of your water damage needs and any mold remediation that you might need as well.